Monday, March 5, 2012

Zoo Animals Emerging from Pockets!

At the same time I was dreaming of sunflowers, I came across some fantastic zoo fabric.  Such bright, happy colors and lots of animals!  What more would a kid want in a quilt???  A charity quilt was being born...but what would I put in the middle???  Hmmmm...



Well, I had this giraffe skin fabric and a cute little pocket from a small pair of worn out jeans to work with.  This was the first denim design where I had decided to have body parts coming out of the top and the bottom and the side of the pocket.  A long skinny neck out of the top, little tail poking out of the side and long legs emerging out of the bottom!!!  Voila...a Back Pocket Design. 


This giraffe quilt was donated back in 2001 to charity along with the sunflower quilt (mentioned in the previous post) to help kids being placed in foster care.  I hope it comforted a child during a tough time in their life.

I must make another one like this soon...so much fun!

So what is your favorite zoo animal???

2 comments:

  1. My favourite animal is the Red Panda. Have 2 soft toys! (Beaten by my son who has 9 red panda soft toys and a cushion we made together with a picture of one on it. Love this quilt, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up Red Panda's to find pictures and they sure are cute. Thanks Tooki dear!

    ReplyDelete