Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tiptoe Through the...Sunflowers!

After my frog (see previous post), my gardening soul starting imagining how fun it would be to have pockets as flower pots...all sorts of things could grow out of them!!!  Inspired by some fabric and some old green jeans, sunflowers began to bloom in my pockets. To me, there's nothing more cheerful than a sunflower.  Their faces follow the sunlight...how comforting to think of warm, sunny, summer days!!!
 





The quilt to the left, I made in 2001 as a charity donation.  The petals are simple triangles and the center circle was traced with my favorite coffee mug again.  As it was donated, I was filled with the certain thought that this sunflower found a good home and brightened a child's day. 














In the years since, I've continued to make sunflowers...and here's one of my latest ones, made into a large 14" x 20" pillow....large enough to hug and bring comfort.  The colors are bright and cheerful and hopefully makes someone smile!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment